Tuesday 9 March 2010

Lyme Park Sunset

I had an hour to kill early yesterday evening and after Sunday's failed attempt at the Mountain Hare, I thought I might have a look for it's Brown Cousin at Lyme Park in Cheshire.

March of course is the time of the 'Mad March Hare' and the moorland landscape of this National Trust parkland is a good place to spot these shy creatures.
Dawn and dusk are the best times of days to see Brown Hares and in the Spring, the Hares are very active and can often be seen 'Boxing'.


I had a quick scout around the 'Cage' area of the park but my luck was out again!
However there was method in my madness and I chose this part of the park for good reason...

This is a place I have photographed on many occasions and past experience has taught me that after a beautiful sunny day, there isn't a better area of this delightful place to capture the setting sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment