Sunday 21 February 2010

Snow!

Today, the plan was to have another attempt at the Mountain Hares in the High Peak, but once again I was foiled by the weather!
Light overnight snow locally and a forecast of fog and heavy snow in the Peaks were enough to make my mind up.
It's been very frustrating lately...Just when you think it's safe to make plans, this very hard winter bites back at you!

I probably won't get another chance to get up into Derbyshire again for a couple of weeks...Weather permitting, I'm off on a couple of trips to Merseyside next weekend and I'm also hoping to get some more shots of the Little Owls if we have some sunshine in the next few days.

So just a short walk down the Vale in the snow this morning and despite the weather, there was plenty of activity in the hedgerows...


No comments:

Post a Comment