Friday 6 August 2010

Postcards From The Peaks (2)

I've not been out much in the last few days, so if you don't mind I'd thought I'd share a few more shots of the Dark Peak area of Derbyshire.

First Light At Ladybower...
An early morning shot using a ND Filter of the Ladybower Reservoir from Derwent Valley.
Sunrise At Cave Dale...
Another early morning effort, this time the location is the spectacular Cave Dale near the village of Castleton.
I used a red Skylight Filter on this shot to give the scene an eerie feel...Which is the feeling I always get at this place when alone early in the morning!



Castleton...
A vista from the beautiful village of Castleton, featuring the lovely limestone cottages which are a feature of this part of Derbyshire.

Winnats Pass At Dawn...
The other day I posted a view of the Hope Valley from Winnats Pass, so I'd thought I'd show you a shot of Winnats itself.
After a climb to the top of one of the peaks, I set up my camera and took this shot just as the sun was beginning to creep over the hills...Providing some interesting light and shadow effects.

2 comments:

  1. Awseome serie, the ambiance in the second is just out of this world...an amzing image ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful set ! I love this ambiance :)

    ReplyDelete