Friday 17 September 2010

The End Of Summer

As much as I love the spring and summer months, there is always a part of me that yearns for the colder months of autumn and winter because of the rich bounty of wildlife that they bring.

Although there are many joys to behold in the warmer months with new life and migrant birds a plenty, the business time of the year for my photography has always been the period from late September to May and I'm starting to get a buzz of anticipation already.

I spend a great deal of time in the winter visiting coastal locations and one of my favourite areas is the Wirral and Dee Estuary.
For me, there is no better time to spot birds in this part of the world than the colder months, so I thought I'd share with you a taster of some of the areas birdlife with a few shots taken last winter...

Redshank

Turnstone

Shag

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful birds! Thanks for sharing!

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfull images, the colors in the first one is very pleasing ;)

    ReplyDelete