Sunday 6 June 2010

Caught In The Oil

As a nature lover and one who cares deeply about the environment and the welfare of animals, I must say how disgusted I am with the incompetent way that British Petroleum have handled the operation to stop the oil slick off the coast of America.

I've watched and listened to the television in bemusement for the last few weeks while the BP bigwigs have said 'Well we can try this or do that...Maybe this could work!'

I find it unimaginable that here we are in the 21st century and these oil companies don't seem to have a clue on how to deal with this man-made disaster...It's not like this is the first time this has happened!

If these massive companies who basically rule the world and dictate our global economy don't have a proven strategy to deal with these disasters quickly and effectively then they really should not be allowed to operate!

I'm sorry, I really am struggling to put into words the amount of anger and frustration I feel about this and as the slick reaches the coast of Louisiana, I'll leave you with these poignant images of Sea Birds taken by photographer Charlie Riedel...

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/06/caught_in_the_oil.html

No comments:

Post a Comment